SFLPA is pleased to provide the legal community with a place to post job openings for all categories of job positions at no cost to the employer. SFLPA assists in every possible manner to disseminate the information regarding employment opportunities to members of this association, but in no event does this committee act as an employment agency. Employers desiring/needing to place an advertisement for employment on SFLPA’s website may view the “Employment Opportunities” page on this website and format the advertisement like those already posted. Employers will also need to give the following information to the Employment Chair: name, firm name, address, phone number(s), areas of law practice, software used, position available, and years of experience required. The attorney/employer is requested to e-mail the Employment Chair with the advertisement formatted like those currently posted on the “Employment Opportunities” page. Advertisements for employment are usually posted as soon as possible. It is the responsibility of the applicants to contact the employers, schedule interviews, exchange resumes, and to discuss benefits and salary, etc. All information is listed until notification that the position has been filled is given to the Employment Chair.
Please contact the Employment Chair, Suddie Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
The Employment Chair retains editing privileges on all ads requested and placed on this website
ADR Services, Inc. is seeking a committed, motivated and professional individual for the Assistant Case Manager/Legal Secretary role.
About ADR Services, Inc.
Located in downtown San Francisco and with 7 offices statewide, ADR Services, Inc. is one of California’s premier providers of alternative dispute resolution services. Our in-depth industry knowledge, competitive pricing, and efficient operations have been the drivers of our significant expansion since our founding 24 years ago. Our commitment to consistently improve the quality of our panel and to provide excellent customer service has been the hallmark of our growth from boutique firm to one of California’s leading providers.
As an Assistant Case Manager/Legal Secretary, you will contribute your expertise and knowledge to coordinating, with minimal supervision, the case management, calendaring and monitoring of active cases across several of our neutrals (attorneys and retired judges). The Assistant Case Manager/Legal Secretary will handle tasks such as organizing and completing case files, case convening and scheduling, and billing and collections. This position reports directly to the Vice President and Operations Manager, and will also require a large degree of coordination with our team of case managers and accounting department. Additionally, the Assistant Case Manager/Legal Secretary must also be available for any other projects or assignments designated by the manager outside of the general scope of responsibilities.
Education and Experience Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2-3 years of working within the legal profession
- Legal Secretary or Legal Secretary experience a strong plus
- Experience in a professional office setting required
- Experience in a service-related industry (restaurant/hotel) a plus
Your responsibilities will include these and other critical functions:
- Administering all case management of various disputes, from start to finish. This includes:
- Coordinate with counsel to convene mediations, arbitrations, discovery & judicial reference matters, private trials and consultations.
- Draft and distribute hearing notices and billing statements.
- Perform and draft daily and period conflict checks.
- Creating and distributing daily intake files
- Work closely with ADR Services, Inc.’s Case Managers in assisting neutrals to manage and discuss all case issues, and provide excellent support in developing their business and administering their files.
- Answering and directing phone calls, addressing client inquiries.
- Acting as backup to front desk, assisting in seating clients, catering lunches and tidying office.
- Maintaining strong understanding of ADR Services, Inc.’s neutrals’ expertise and background in order to address unassigned cases and support general business development.
- Properly serve Orders and Awards to counsel and the Court as necessary, along with handling all other paperwork.
- Drafting and issuing daily analytics report to upper management.
- Maintaining and updating client database on a daily basis.
- Must have knowledge and familiarity of court procedures, application of local rules, and docketing;
- Drafting correspondence and communicate with individuals of various backgrounds, including attorneys, staff, court-staff, clients, and vendors.
- Providing professional, efficient and friendly client service at all times.
Core Competencies/Applied Skills:
- Must have a sound understanding of the legal industry including court processes and legal terminology.
- Must have strong computer skills, and be fluent in basic shortcuts.
- Must be able to thrive in a high-volume and fast paced environment. There will be NO downtime.
- Client service orientation and ability to communicate effectively at all levels. Must be able to proactively determine client needs to ensure that the overall client experience is pleasant, as well as enhance client satisfaction, and facilitate repeat business.
- Self-starter, extremely organized and detailed-oriented with strong commitment to accuracy. Outgoing personality and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must have strong professional verbal and written communication skills, and have good email etiquette.
- Experience working in a office environment.
- Must have exceptionally strong judgment, good common sense and excellent problem solving skills.
- Highly responsive and reliable.
- Exceptional follow-up and follow-through skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills and commitment to delivering results by assisting co-workers.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize work, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure and complete job assignments in an accurate and timely manner.
- Must be fluent with Windows-based software programs used by the firm, including MS Word, Excel, and Outlook. Working knowledge of database, and time and attendance tracking applications.
$50,000.00/year and includes benefits.
8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Please email cover letter and resume in PDF format only to Joanna Barron – email@example.com.
Due to the high volume of applications, please do not call the office. Only qualified applicants need apply.
For more information about our organization, visit www.adrservices.com
Come and shine with the stars of LeClairRyan! Since its inception, LeClairRyan has grown exponentially and is now home to over 300 attorneys with offices in 16 states and the District of Columbia. We are excited to announce that LeClairRyan is currently seeking a Litigation Legal Secretary in our San Francisco, California office who will contribute to overall success and help secure the bright future of the Firm.
LeClairRyan is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
LeClairRyan established the San Francisco, California office in 2007. The location is now home to approximately 20 attorneys in addition to professional support staff. With a wide range of experience, LeClairRyan’s San Francisco teams provide services to clients in practice areas that include intellectual property, business litigation, products, commercial, and professional liability, transportation, construction, insurance, medical malpractice defense and labor and employment matters. The San Francisco office continues to grow, offering our employees continued professional development opportunities.
This Legal Secretary will support up to four attorneys who provide services to their clients in practice areas that include Professional Liability, Products Liability & Transportation, Commercial Litigation, and Consumer Financial Services Defense. The team has extensive litigation experience and are seeking a Legal Secretary who will thrive in a fast paced, team-centered environment.
This individual will contribute to the success of the team by completing tasks that include but are not limited to the following:
- Performing secretarial duties utilizing legal terminology, procedures, and documents.
- Preparing legal papers and correspondence, such as summonses, complaints, motions, and subpoenas.
- Coordinating and managing routine administrative work, such as opening matters, maintaining electronic and physical files, scheduling meetings, making travel arrangements, preparing expense reports, and time and data entry.
- The position may also assist with legal research, as needed.
- At least 3 years of litigation legal experience required.
- Candidates must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word and Outlook.
- LeClairRyan uses Nuance pdf Converter, Adobe Pro/Reader, WorkSite/FileSite document management system, and Westlaw so proficiency with these programs is preferred or experience with similar legal programs required.
- Successful candidates must have superior organizational skills, display great attention to detail, possess professional client interaction skills, and be able to prioritize multiple assignments while meeting last minute deadlines.
LeClairRyan does not accept unsolicited resume submittals from contracted or non-contracted agencies. LeClairRyan is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
To be considered for this position, copy and paste the following into your web browser and follow the instructions for submitting application materials:
44 Montgomery Street, 18th Floor San Francisco, California 94104
This position is responsible for performing a variety of administrative and word processing duties while exercising sound judgment over work priorities with minimal supervision. Strong legal and administrative skills, as well as the ability to multi-task and perform well under strict deadlines, are required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Types and edits documents quickly and accurately, proofreading for content and typographical errors.
- Utilizes firm technology (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) effectively.
- Completes work product according to instructions and within the requested time frame.
- Handles general administrative duties such as travel arrangements, meeting coordination, expense reports, time entry and the new business memorandum process with efficiency and in a proactive manner.
- Answers telephone calls, takes messages or provides information as appropriate.
- Opens and closes files as necessary, promptly handles the filing of legal or other administrative materials and sends materials to off-site storage as necessary.
- Attends training classes to keep up to date with technological advances and software upgrades.
- Provides additional back-up coverage to other Professional Assistants as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Job is performed in a typical office environment, but is subject to time pressures and constraints, and is primarily dependent on input from others.
- Long hours are required periodically and overtime may be required.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and skills required of personnel so classified. The firm reserves the right to revise or modify this job description at any time.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Three years+ legal secretarial experience required.
Requires strong legal and administrative skills, as well as an ability to multi-task and perform well under strict deadlines. Must be extremely well organized and detail-oriented. Familiarity with document management systems a plus.
Experience in Microsoft Word (including creating and revising documents) and Outlook required; experience in PowerPoint, Excel and Visio strongly preferred.
Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to follow instructions effectively. Must be a self-starter who can work both independently or in a team environment. Must possess excellent customer service skills and be flexible to handle changing priorities to support business needs. Must have good telephone etiquette and excellent interpersonal skills.
Must score 60 wpm with 2% or lower error rate on the firm’s legal typing test and 76% or higher on the firm’s legal spelling test. Must understand and maintain confidentiality of the attorney-client relationship.
555 Mission Street Suite 2000
San Francisco 94105
Employee Status: Non-Management
Job Type: Full-time
Job Level: Day Job
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, salary is flexible.
Prestigious law firm provides great environment and working atmosphere.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email your resume along with salary expectations.
To view all of our open positions:
Respond to Ivonne Garcia, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meyers Nave is recruiting for a Legal Secretary in our Oakland office.
ABOUT THE POSITION
This Legal Secretary position is responsible for providing administrative support to attorneys and the firm’s COO on a day-to-day basis, as well as working closely with clients and other team members to ensure effective and timely attention to important legal matters. Duties include, but are not limited to, preparing legal and non-legal documents, assisting with preparations for meetings and court appearances, maintaining calendars and providing general administrative support to attorneys and the firm’s COO. This position requires the ability to work well under pressure and multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. This Legal Secretary position is ideal for someone who at least five years of experience as a legal secretary and understands the need for confidentiality and can support the firm’s COO in handling sensitive firm materials. For a complete job description, please see http://www.meyersnave.com/legal-secretary-oakland-5-years-experience/.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
Meyers Nave has a special reputation in California as a go-to law firm that clients rely on to handle their highest profile, most complicated and often most controversial transactions and litigated matters. Thirty years ago, Meyers Nave began in one office with five attorneys focused on one primary area of law. The firm has rapidly expanded to become a nationally recognized firm with six California offices where attorneys work in multi-disciplinary teams in nearly 20 complex fields of law. Throughout California, our attorneys help public agencies, private businesses and public-private partnerships navigate an extensive range of local, state and federal laws and regulations. The results of our work and the expertise of our attorneys have led to numerous prestigious awards and honors, including Law360’s “California Powerhouse,” The Recorder’s “Giant Slayer” and The Daily Journal’s “Top Defense Result,” as well as numerous attorneys recognized in Best Lawyers in America and SuperLawyers.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com.
Meyers Nave is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any qualified applicant’s race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Meyers Nave will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Bank the Box).