[Note: Personnel placement agencies are asked not to solicit the entities placing these employment advertisements on this website.]
Posted: November 26, 2018
The San Francisco City Attorney’s Office is looking for a Legal Secretary to join its Trial Team. The position supports a high-volume, busy litigation and trial practice. Under supervision, the legal secretary provides legal secretarial and clerical services of a difficult, responsible and confidential nature.
An ideal candidate has a minimum of 2 years of verifiable experience as a legal secretary transcribing dictation and typing legal documents including petitions, motions, briefs, complaints and other legal forms.
If you are interested in this position please visit the link below for a full job posting and to apply: https://www.jobapscloud.com/SF/sup/bulpreview.asp?R1=TPV&R2=1458&R3=091379
Posted: November 26, 2018
Executive Legal Secretary (Oakland)
ABOUT OUR FIRM
Meyers Nave has a special reputation in California as a go-to law firm that clients rely on to handle their highest profile, most complicated and often most controversial transactions and litigated matters. Over thirty years ago, Meyers Nave began in one office with five attorneys focused on one primary area of law. The firm has rapidly expanded to become a nationally recognized firm with five California offices where attorneys work in multi-disciplinary teams in nearly 20 complex fields of law. Throughout California, our attorneys help public agencies, private businesses and public-private partnerships navigate an extensive range of local, state and federal laws and regulations. The results of our work and the expertise of our attorneys have led to numerous prestigious awards and honors, including Law360’s “California Powerhouse,” The Recorder’s “Giant Slayer” and Daily Journal’s “Top Defense Result,” as well as numerous attorneys recognized in Best Lawyers in America and SuperLawyers.
The Executive Legal Secretary is responsible for providing daily administrative support to assigned attorneys.
The position’s essential functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Draft, review and revise legal and non-legal documents including correspondence and memoranda, pleadings, PowerPoint presentations, budgets, etc.;
• Format court pleadings according to applicable court rules and generate tables of authorities and tables of contents using Firm software;
• Demonstrate understanding of, and facility with, local rules of court, municipal, state and federal rules of procedure;
• File documents with courts and administrative bodies, including electronic filing where applicable;
• Arrange for service of pleadings and subpoenas;
• Assist with preparation for and scheduling of meetings, teleconferences, conferences and travel;
• Organize documents, and prepare binders and files to house relevant legal and non- legal materials;
• Review incoming correspondence and route as appropriate;
• Demonstrate understanding of municipal law documents, including staff reports, resolutions, ordinances, agendas and notices;
• Partner with Firm departments to accomplish tasks and projects;
• Assist with tracking and management of various projects;
• Maintain shared office calendars and individual attorney/director calendars in Outlook;
• Enter attorneys’ billable time as requested according to Firm billing policies and coordinate with Firm’s billing personnel to facilitate attorneys’ timely review of monthly billing statements;
• Prepare check requests and coordinate payment to vendors when necessary;
• Prepare expense reports and work closely with Travel Coordinator on travel arrangements;
• Answer phones for attorneys, direct incoming phone calls and greet clients and guests;
• Consistent, punctual, on-site attendance;
• Back up other Legal Secretaries and office administrative staff during planned and unplanned absences;
• Take direction and apply corrections to future revisions;
• Partner with attorneys to proactively manage their business development activities;
• Maintain composure and work efficiently and accurately during highly stressful circumstances;
• Demonstrate excellent customer service;
• Work cordially, cooperatively and productively with Firm employees; and
• Work overtime as needed to complete essential functions.
Management retains the right to add to or change the essential functions of this position at any time.
The following qualifications are required unless otherwise noted:
• Bachelor’s degree or paralegal certificate preferred;
• Minimum of three years of executive assistant/legal secretary/legal assistant experience, preferably supporting an attorney or executive level manager;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Prior experience in public law preferred;
• Superior customer service skills;
• Strong organizational skills and ability to contribute to streamlining processes;
• Accuracy in grammar, spelling and punctuation;
• Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment;
• Strong attention to detail;
• Pro-active self-starter with ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment;
• Experience using Microsoft Office, including strong knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel (experience using Office 2010 Suite is preferred); and
• Prior experience with iManage, time and billing systems, and Adobe Professional is preferred.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com.
Meyers Nave is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any qualified applicant’s race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Posted: November 6, 2018
Lawless and Lawless is looking for an experienced litigation legal assistant for small law firm in downtown San Francisco, specializing in employment law on behalf of employees. Temp to perm position starting immediately. Knowledge of WP/Windows/Word/Excel, court calendaring, office/litigation calendaring, court rules and procedures, experience with preparing, filing and serving pleadings/motions, and preparing and serving discovery responses. Must also send correspondence to clients, opposing counsel, courts, clerks, etc. Experience with Amicus Attorney helpful. Assist receptionist with phones. Applicants must be reliable and responsible. Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please.