[Note: Personnel placement agencies are asked not to solicit the entities placing these employment advertisements on this website.]
Posted: April 19, 2019
Title: Legal Administrative Assistant ‑ Public Interest Law Firm
Want to work for a firm that is different? Our firm of 24 attorneys specializes in labor and employment law, environmental law, constitutional/civil rights litigation, and wage-and-hour and employment discrimination class action matters. We are seeking a legal administrative assistant, and are considering both entry-level candidates and candidates with up to two years of legal office experience. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is interested in gaining two or more years of law firm experience before going to law school.
– Excellent academic record;
– Interest in public interest law;
– Strong work ethic;
– Ability to learn quickly;
– Extraordinary attention to detail;
– Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously;
– Ability to make 2-year commitment;
– Some work experience preferred but not required;
Duties/Description of Job:
– Supporting 3-5 attorneys;
– Formatting, finalizing, and filing documents in state, federal, and appellate courts;
– Calendaring hearing dates and due dates;
– Conducting intake of attorney mail;
– Coding and transmitting documents for file room;
– Making travel arrangements;
– Organizing files and documents;
– Preparing letters, memos, etc.;
– Performing other duties as needed;
We offer a salary that is competitive with public interest and non-profit firms and commensurate with experience. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, and, in addition to 12 holidays, 2 weeks per year vacation to start and 3 weeks after 18 months. We operate in a true team environment while working on cases that make a difference.
Please e-mail your cover letter, resume, and transcript in Word or PDF format to Meredith Pelrine at email@example.com. Please put “Response to Legal Administrative Assistant Ad” as the subject line of your e-mail. Only complete applications will be considered.
Posted: April 16, 2019
Oakland Legal Office- Legal Secretary (Multiple positions)
If you are interested in applying or know someone that would be interested in this position, please follow the link below to view the job announcement, Duty Statement, Class Specification, and minimum qualifications for the position.
*If link does not work in Internet Explorer try Mozilla Firefox*
Final filing date: April 18, 2019
Posted: March 28, 2019
COMPLEX & AFFIRMATIVE LITIGATION PARALEGAL
The San Francisco City Attorney’s Office is looking for a paralegal to join its Complex and Affirmative Litigation Team. The Complex and Affirmative Litigation Team handles affirmative and defensive matters in both state and federal court, at all stages of litigation, from the initial pleadings to appeals. The matters often involve novel legal issues, large amounts of documents, and significant collaboration with attorneys both on the Team as well as across the office. Paralegals are integral to this work and to the success of the Team. They work under the direction of attorneys and provide a variety of paraprofessional legal duties in a fast-paced, high profile, often large document litigation practice. This position requires excellent verbal and writing skills, the ability to analyze legal problems, and perform detailed analytical work with accuracy and initiative. The candidate is expected to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously, accept written and oral direction, accurately prioritize projects and deal tactfully and professionally with attorneys, office personnel, court personnel, vendors and representatives of other governmental departments/entities and the general public.
• Assist with team-wide project management. This includes, but is not limited to, coordinating with attorneys and staff to make sure all deadlines are met in a timely
manner; distributing and redistributing projects and tasks, as needed, so that all team deadlines are met; and communicating with the Paralegal Manager and Team Leader as to work status or if additional resources are needed.
• Mentor and train legal assistants and paralegal interns. This includes training on legal procedures, as well as litigation support software.
• Assist with implementing litigation holds across various City departments.
• Coordinate with the Litigation Support Team regarding case setup and database maintenance.
• Coordinate with attorneys and paralegals and effectively communicate with respect to assignments, workloads, status and performance.
• Assist in preparing motions by gathering exhibits, and cite checking using both Blue Book and California styles.
• Assist in drafting and reviewing subpoenas, all forms of discovery documents, legal memoranda and correspondence.
• Assist with discovery, including electronic discovery, and the organization, case management, collection, review strategy and production of documents obtained from
litigants and City departments.
• Organize, review and prepare documents, exhibits, transcripts and other materials for use during investigations, discovery and hearings using Concordance, Eclipse, CaseMap and TextMap.
• Conduct database searches in IPRO Eclipse, Concordance, CaseMap and Text Map, and review documents within these programs for relevance, responsiveness and privilege.
• Organize, review and prepare documents, exhibits, transcripts and other materials for use during investigations, depositions, hearings or trial, including preparing and running Trial Director.
• Provide suggestions and feedback to attorneys and other paralegals on best practices to approach discovery, case management and document preparation and organization.
• Remain current on electronic programs and tools that will assist the attorneys in managing the demands of e-discovery.
• Paralegal certificate from an ABA-approved program, or other significant work experience such that statutory requirements are satisfied (Bus. & Prof. Code § 6450 compliant).
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
• Minimum 5 years of litigation or transactional experience as a paralegal or legal assistant.
• Working knowledge of legal procedures, legal terminology and court rules.
• Adept in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Experience with Adobe Professional, TextMap, Concordance, Eclipse, CaseMap and
Trial Director, or other similar software.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to Colleen Dietterle, Manager of Legal Support and Administrative Services, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted: March 21, 2019
The City and County of San Francisco is hiring a Legal Secretary
How to apply:
Applications for City and County of San Francisco jobs are being accepted through an online process. Visit www.jobaps.com/sf to register an account (if you have not already done so) and begin the application process.
· Select the desired job announcement.
· Select “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information.
· Select either “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or “I have Registered Previously”.
· Follow instructions on the screen.